1. Who processes your personal data?
Europcar Mobility Group Denmark A/S, Jens Baggesens Vej 90N, 8200 Aarhus N is the "Data Controller" of your Personal Data collected and processed via this website, our mobile applications, or our rental agencies in order to offer you mobility solutions.
The terms "Europcar", "we", "us" or "our" that we use in this policy refer to Europcar Mobility Group Denmark.
Europcar is a member of the Europcar Mobility Group. The term "our Group" refers to Europcar Mobility Group whose registered office is located in France at 13 Ter Boulevard Berthier, 75017 Paris.
When you communicate Personal Data to us or when we collect Personal Data about you, we undertake to use it in accordance with this Policy.
2. What Personal Data do we collect about you?
As a provider of mobility solutions, we collect and process various categories of Personal Data in connection with this website and our mobile applications and in order to provide you with our products and services.
By Personal Data, we mean not only data that identifies you directly, but also data that identifies you indirectly.
- The categories of Personal Data that we collect in the context of our services and the use of our website and our mobile applications include the following:
- Your identification data: surname, first name, email address, birth date, telephone number, postal address, account identifier,
- If applicable, identification data of additional driver(s): surname, first name, email address, telephone number, postal address,
- Your driver's license and that of any additional driver(s),
- Payment data: account numbers, card numbers, etc.
- Financial data: your invoices; your order forms, etc.
- As the case may be, data relating to traffic violations
- Information about your flight in the event that the pickup location of your vehicle is an airport,
- Information on your vehicle reservation, in particular to feed the loyalty programs of which you would be a member with data.
- Data relating to your navigation on our website or our mobile applications;
- Data relating to your satisfaction surveys or from your interactions on our dedicated social media pages;
- Voice, audiovisual and electronic data: recordings of your communications by email, chat or telephone with our customer service department;
- Information collected through our Connected Vehicle (if the vehicle that you rent is a newer model and therefor a connected vehicle): vehicle status, damage or accident information, vehicle performance data, operational and diagnostic data, mileage information, acceleration and braking speeds, fuel consumption and fuel levels, tire pressure, odometer readings, vehicle location and other vehicle information.
We collect most of your personal data directly from you, but we may receive data from third parties, including the competent authorities and private companies in charge of managing fines for traffic violations.
3. For what purposes do we process your Personal Data?
We collect and process your Personal Data for various purposes and on the following legal bases:
4. Who are the recipients of your Personal Data?
4.1 Categories of recipients
If necessary, your personal data may be communicated:
- to our employees, our authorized representatives, other companies of our Group and our franchise network, our agents and intermediaries mandated to provide you with our products and services;
- to our subcontractors, in particular our IT service providers for hosting, maintenance or development purposes, who assist us in providing you with our products and services or collection agencies which help us recover unpaid claims. These may be entities that are members of our Group or external service providers;
- to our insurance service companies to ensure coverage and in general management of the insurance for your vehicle;
- advertising agencies, marketing agencies, social networking and digital agencies to help us carry out advertising, marketing and sales campaigns and to analyze the effectiveness of these campaigns;
- concerning the information necessary for the processing of fines, to the police, the court or to its foreign counterparts in case the fines or offense(s) is committed abroad;
- to our partners or our Group, in particular to enable you to collect loyalty points when you are a member of their program:
List of Europcar Mobility Group Denmark partners: To be completed
List of Europcar Mobility Groups partners:
- Accor Hotel
- Air Europa
- American Express belønninger
- Asia Miles
- Biglife SDN BHD (Air Asien)
- Delta Airlines
- Ecos Mobility & Hospitality Private Limited
- Emirates SkyWard
- Finnair Plus
- Fly SAS
- Flying Blue
- Gulf Air Falcon Flyer
- Melia Rewards
- Miles & More
- Oman Air Sindbad
- Qatar Privilege Club
- Radisson Rewards
- Routes Biludlejning
- Royal Air Maroc
- Shouqi Biludlejning og leasing Limited Liability Company
- Singapore Krsiflyer
- TAP Miles & Go
- Times Mobility Co LTD
- Turkish Airlines
- UIA Panorama Club
We may also disclose your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to the relevant authorities.
Use of Facebook
By using one of our website/applications, you can:
- Use Facebook social plug-ins, such as "like" or "share" our content on the Facebook Platform;
- Accept cookies from our website or applications (also known as "Facebook Pixel"), which will help us understand your activities, including information about your device, how you use our services, the purchases you make, and the ads you view, whether or not you have a Facebook account or are logged in to Facebook.
When you use these Facebook features, we collect data that helps us to:
- Display ads that may be of interest to you on Facebook (or Instagram, Messenger or any other Facebook service);
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of our website, applications and advertisements.
Our legal basis for this processing is either your consent or our legitimate interest, cf. The General Data Protection Regulation art. 6(1), point a or f.
4.2 International transfers
In order to provide you with our products and services, we may use service providers located outside the European Union (in particular in the United States, United Kingdom, Morocco and Israel). In the event that the vehicle is booked abroad, data transfers will be carried out in the country in question in order to provide you with our mobility solutions.
Depending on the assumptions, some recipients may be located in countries recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection of personal data. In any case, we have implemented appropriate protection measures to protect your personal data in accordance with data protection regulations including securing the basis for transfer (eg. The Standard Contractual Clauses of the European Union).
For more information about the countries to which your personal data may be transferred, their level of data protection and the potential protective measures implemented by Europcar, click here.
5. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
Your personal data are kept for different periods of time, depending on the purposes of the processing concerned:
6. What rights can you exercise regarding the processing of your Personal Data?
- Within the limits and conditions allowed by the regulations in force, you can:
- access to your Personal Data and obtain further information on the characteristics of the processing we carry out;
- have your Personal Data corrected, updated and deleted, it being specified that deletion can only be carried out when (i) the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was processed, (ii) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing, (iii) you object to the processing of your personal data and there is no compelling legitimate reason for the processing (iv) it has been established that your personal data has been processed unlawfully, and (v) the personal data must be deleted in order to comply with one of our legal obligations
- you object to the processing of your Personal Data based on legitimate interest, which you can check by taking a look the table shown in the section “For what purposes do we process your Personal Data” and in particular the column “Legal basis of the processing”
- you object to the processing of your Personal Data for commercial purposes
- receive the personal data you have provided us with and request us to pass them on to a third party when the processing of your personal data (i) has been carried out by automated means and (ii) is based on your consent or on the execution of a contract binding us;
- request the limitation of the processing of your Personal Data, which means that we will not be able to use your Personal Data for a defined period of time. You can exercise this right when:
a) you dispute the accuracy of your personal data for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
b) the processing of personal data is unlawful and you object to the deletion of your personal data and instead demand that its use be restricted;
c) we no longer need your Personal Data but they are still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
d) you object to the processing for reasons relating to your particular situation, while we are checking whether the legitimate reasons pursued by Europcar take precedence over your own.
- withdrawing your consent to treatment based on your consent; and/or
- submit a complaint to a Supervisory Authority. In Denmark, the Supervisory Authority is Datatilsynet, Carl Jacobsens Vej 35, 2500 Valby, Tlf. 33 19 32 00, email@example.com.
7. How do you exercise your rights?
Europcar Mobility Group Denmark A/S
Jens Baggesens Vej 90N
8200 Aarhus N
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To exercise your rights, you must prove your identity by clearly indicating your surname, first names, driver ID and any useful information enabling us to identify you (such as the place and date of your last vehicle rental). You must also give us the e-mail address or the physical address to which you would like the reply to be sent.
8. How do we protect your Personal Data?
Europcar Mobility Group Denmark is committed to protecting the information it collects through this website.
In particular, Europcar uses appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss of or destruction of or damage to your personal data.
Europcar's systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you send personal information to a Europcar website over the Internet, your data is protected by "Transport Layer Security" (TLS) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Any credit card transaction you make through Europcar websites is done through our secure server technology. This technology notably:
a) assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure;
b) encodes the data, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server;
c) checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
9. What rules apply to the processing of your Personal Data when you click on links placed on our website, redirecting to our partners' or other sites?